Tart has come a long way from the market stall at Herne Hill Farmer's Market in 2014. Now with two bustling cafés and more to come in the new year, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to bring stability and security as we scale up the business. It's an exciting opportunity for somebody seeking that 'small company' feeling where much is to be done and a massive impact to be made.
The Operations Manager at Tart is responsible for the overall success of the cafés and is accountable for developing strong operations. Developing happy front-of-house and kitchen teams, overseeing food production, driving sales and creating efficient and safe operations are the main functions of this role. The Operations Manager reports directly to the founders/directors.
What you'll be doing:
• Build a strong and happy team: find the right people, train them up, keep them engaged and develop those with a desire to advance. In practice, this means owning the hiring process from writing job descriptions to getting them on the payroll and co-planning their careers over the long-term.
• Delegate effectively: work with your café supervisors to ensure smooth daily operations at all cafés, effectively delegating tasks when needed
• Make the day-to-day hum: implement tools and processes to support the FOH for the 2 stores and more as the business grows to 5 stores e.g. daily opening/closing procedures, cashing up and cleaning procedures
• Forward planning: create a supply chain strategy and process for ordering retail products and customer consumables
• Focus on the customer: ensure a consistent and overwhelmingly welcoming in-store customer experience by developing a template for store setup, product merchandising and customer experience from door-open to door-close. Execute and provide corrective actions for ‘mystery shopping’
• It's all about the margin: maximise profitability with each store ensuring that each operation is in line with revenue and budget targets
• Be the tech person: develop and manage our technology solutions i.e. POS, PDQ, ordering tablets and FOH catering equipment e.g. coffee machine
• Health & safety: responsible for health & safety standards by developing and ensuring all HACCP procedures are adhered to and conduct biannual internal audits
• Marketing support: provide input into marketing campaigns and support activation in all channels, particularly in-store
Sound interesting? We imagine that the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
• 5+ years of relevant experience in the hospitality sector, with at least two in an operations role
• Demonstrated success in driving business growth through operational excellence
• A love for hospitality - you wouldn't do anything else
• The desire to take a business from scrappy startup to successful operation over the next 3 years
• Strong communication skills, a way with people and full computer literacy
Reasons to come work with us:
• Great team with a strong bond
• Competitive salary with bonus component
• Potential for equity in the company
• Working alongside and learning from an ex-Google/Facebook exec plus a Head Chef with 30 years experience
• Clear career path over the long-term
Next steps: please submit your application to Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is Dec 4th.