We're looking for a leader to join #TeamTart at our Clapham store. The Assistant Manager & Head Barista role at Tart is the key operational, sales and management role in our small team in Clapham supporting the Operations Manager. We’re looking for someone who is a natural team leader with relevant management and barista experience in a busy retail operation.
The main focus areas for which the Assistant Manager is directly accountable are:
- Build, motivate and retain a team of fun, coffee-loving, front-of-house members at our Clapham store
- Performance-manage the FOH Team, including regular check-ins on their progress against expectations
- Act as a primary point of contact for enquiries about recruitment, HR, payroll etc
- Leading shifts and managing the floor – this is a hands on role
- Ensure the FOH team are consistent in maintaining a high hygiene standard and completing relevant paperwork
- Undertake the stock take and ensure timely ordering of consumables and packaging
- Oversee the FOH fortnightly rota for Clapham and distribute cash tips
- Identify opportunities to trim outgoings and prevent breakages
- Ensure we hit and exceed weekly sales targets; through team training, new product ideas, contribute to marketing campaigns and any other means
- Maintain high scores in customer satisfaction surveys and introducing new ideas to improve customer happiness
The idea candidate:
- Natural team leader
- Passionate about serving good food and coffee and thrives on working in the Hospitality industry
- 2 years relevant management and barista experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
In exchange we offer a competitive rate with a bonus component, free food/coffee, no late nights and nice people to work with.
Sound like you? If so, please send your CV and a letter explaining why you’re the person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, take a peak at our Instagram feed below to see what life at Tart is like!